101824


Part 24

On fresh thinking

I have found that when I sit down to write, or work on a somewhat larger project, it is always best to approach it with an empty relaxed mind, and usually after having just woken up, or having walked by myself for awhile and just thinking, and allowing my mind to ruminate and empty itself.   

This is consistent with the approach I seem to have taken in life of not really knowing what I am doing - pretty much at anytime anywhere -  when approaching projects, but trusting that I will somehow figure it the resident challenges.    A noisy mind does not allow much into it.   An empty vessel allows for the echoes of thoughts to bounce around enough so that you can turn them on their sides and see them more properly.

***************** 

Icy morning.   My "summer" away has bled into the fall, and much cooler weather, and I never thought I would ever say this, but I am looking forward to getting back to Bandon and returning to my walking life.    I have spent my summer on bikes, and have really enjoyed it, and getting healthy  in the way that bikes give you, especially here in Prescott with its hills and canyons,  but walking life has its quiet thrills as well.  much more contemplative, rather than constantly having to watch surrounding traffic all the time, as every single car that passes is potential danger.  One inattentive sneeze from one errant driver and it could all be over.  

In addition, I can get Tamale back to Bandon and being an outdoor cat and back to her original home.    It is a challenge to keep her inside the house in Prescott, and there have been some scary slipups these past few months here.   Mountain cats live in the canyons.  Hawks fly above.    And a wandering house cat would make a fine snack for either one of them. 

***********

I drove across town this morning for PART 24 to a coffee shop I have never sat in before because another way of allowing new thinking to come in is to place myself in a new completely environment, stare at new people, new walls, look out new windows on new vistas.   It's the wanderer in me, and gets the ruts out of my thinking.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog